Friday, March 1, 2024

Two Birds in Passing


OK, so this is really a reach.  It was cloudy on my 3 mile walk today so no sharp black shadows.  I didn't see much to make a photograph out of although I tried a few things that didn't work.  I only had my one zoom lens, 24-105mm on the camera, so my "reach" was not all that great. But when I saw two swans swimming together I followed them.  Then they split up a bit as two sea gulls drifted in from the other direction.  In desperation, I started shooting and ended up with this.  Yeah, I know, it's not a show stopper, but at least there will be a post when I stop writing here!  Because of the overcast sky, if you click on the photograph to see it larger, it looks as if they are floating on liquid silver.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your comment that it looks like they are floating on liquid silver!
Joan

Anonymous said...

I actually noticed the “texture” of the water first then the swan and seagull. But I like your description of “floating on liquid silver”. Betsey

Ken Spencer said...

So thanks. You just redeemed my decision to post this photograph. I will try harder next time!