Wednesday, March 6, 2024

I Know My Way Around a Soldering Iron...


I just happened to find this photograph when looking for some other photo in my collection.  What's funny is that I saw it just yesterday.  It is a photograph of me in 1978, building a Heathkit Amateur Radio Transciever.  That means it both transmits and receives.  It was the first of a number of Heathkits I built over the years for my hobby as an amateur radio operator.  My call sign is N2AQQ, for those of you who are curious.  Wow, look how young I am.  I was 36 years old in this photograph.  I did a lot of soldering in the building of equipment over the years, so my adventure with our television set was not as unusual as people might have thought.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this old photo and the total concentration in your building project. 36 years old - WOW!
Joan

Anonymous said...

I do remember that you were an amateur radio operator because you spoke about talking with people in other countries. Plus, I still have that postcard with your call sign on it. Things you learned back then are still coming in handy…Betsey