Monday, March 25, 2024

The Birds!


I went for my usual three mile walk today and looked for something for the blog.  I wasn't having much success exactly.  But when I was almost back to the foot of our street, I saw maybe a dozen Gulls sitting in a line on the railing.  So I stopped and they didn't fly away.  I brought the camera up to my eye and just watched.  Suddenly a bunch of gulls from out of the frame swooped in and some sat on the railing and others took flight again.  So I kept watching and that happened over and over again.  It was cool trying to press the shutter at the exact moment to get a nice composition.  I had a really tough time picking the best photograph.  So maybe this is the best.  I hope.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo!
Joan

ken schwarz said...

Great shot and well worth waiting for the "moment"! You captured the gulls in various positions from standing to flying thereby making the scene interesting and dramatic.

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks for your comments! At least it is something a bit different, for a change.

Anonymous said...

Exciting photo because the gulls are in a variety of flight patterns. Betsey