Sunday, March 10, 2024

A Certain Slant of Light


I always leave the bathroom window shade part way open.  There are white shutters covering the bottom window, and most of the time the shade is all the way up.  But at night I pull the shade only part way down.  So in the morning I saw this shaft of sunlight coming in at an angle and lighting just one of the faucets and I thought that was a shot, because of the light.  The title for this has stayed with me for years.  It may have been the title of a book about New England, I think.  But I can't remember.  So I am using it here for my purposes.  It is kind of poetic, I think.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting photo. Not sure I would have even noticed the light on one faucet. The wallpaper in the background is pretty! Trace

Linda said...

What a great pic. Often I miss the most mundane, but interesting, images because I'm looking for the next "great" shot, not that I get many of them. But this image is a reminder to me to start looking a lot closer to home for scenes that are interesting to me, even if they don't interest others.

Anonymous said...

What an interesting photo showing the "old fashioned" faucets which I like. "A certain slant of light"is very poetic. Betsey

ken schwarz said...

A very interesting effect from the bands of light shining onto the sink. At first glance, the image appeared to me as a still life painting rather than a photo.

Ken Spencer said...

Wow, I am so impressed that you all loved this photograph! Thank You! Linda, photographing things close to home is one of the hardest things to do. All the familiar objects to us are so commonplace, that we are liable not to notice them, or find them interesting enough for a photograph. That's why shooting photographs when we take a day trip to the beach or a park makes finding photographs so much easier.