Saturday, March 30, 2024

The Sun


I spoke to a small group of students at the school where I gave the talk about light pollution a couple of weeks ago.  About six students were interested in telescopes and their design and how they work so I said I would come by and we would talk during the lunch hour.  It was a nice meeting.  As the students were leaving I saw this sun stitched on the left sleeve of one of the students!  I saw it and said "Did you make that?  It's really cool!"  He said he did and he is going to make the moon and put that on his right shoulder!  How cool is that, and look at his workmanship!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. Love his enthusiasm. How old are the students?
Happy Easter
Joan

Anonymous said...

It’s wonderful when kids create on their own! Betsey