Wednesday, March 20, 2024

A Film Still


I arrived in the parking lot of the Vanderbilt Museum and parked my car to attend our astronomy meeting.  Then I saw that old fashioned lamp post, and the overcast clouds in the sky with clearing skies below.  I grabbed my camera and framed the photograph when another car pulled in and parked right in my picture!  Oh no, my photo is ruined.  But I shot it anyway, and when he turned off his lights the car hardly showed, so I shot some more photographs.  So I come home after the meeting and load the photographs onto my laptop, and I am stunned to realize that THIS version with the car tail lights and the headlights on is so much more interesting than without a car!  I'm a jerk!  Well, at least I recognized it in the end.  As I look at it now, it seems as if it could be a still image from a film that might be a mystery or a spy story.  I love this shot, car, lights and all!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The lighting and the sky are so beautiful in this photo. I love the mountains in the background. Trace