Friday, March 26, 2021

Almost a Full Moon



I was waiting for the Moon to rise tonight, because I had a really cool plan for a photograph of the Moon rising over Sea Cliff, taken from across the harbor.  Turns out I ran out of time, and was not able to drive over to Port Washington to do the photograph.  Maybe next month if it is clear.  So when I saw the moon well up in the sky, I thought I would do a photograph closer to home.  This is the Moon rising one day before full moon.  You can see, if you enlarge this image that the lower left part of the Moon does not have a distinct edge.  Tomorrow, the Moon's edge will be sharp all around.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo with the moon right in the clearing of the tree branches. Lovely timing.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

The tree makes the shot. Very cool pic!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo! The sky, moon and tree are perfect with each other. Amazing nature! Trace

Anonymous said...

This is a perfect shot: rich blue background and lacy tree limbs surrounding the white moon. betsey

Blossom Harp School said...

Hi great reading youur blog