Thursday, March 11, 2021

Thank Heavens!


Today I got my first vaccine shot!  Wow!  I can't quite believe it happened - it has been such a trial trying to get an appointment.  I owe Kathy for that - she found a bunch of appointments at CVS.  The only thing was my appointment was in Mattituck, on the north shore of Long Island, a 140 mile round trip!  But I was happy to do it, to finally get my shot.  We made a day trip of it and it was fun driving out on the North Fork.  First trip anywhere in a year!  Here's what's funny about this shot - when I sat down with the woman who was preparing the shot, I said "Would you mind if I did a picture with my cell phone of just my shoulder and the needle?"  She paused and thought and then said: "Well...  I guess if you really want to do that, it would be OK."  Kathy gets her first shot tomorrow, but we won't have to drive nearly as far.  Oh, I didn't feel a thing!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a wonderful and hopeful feeling to get that first shot?! I know we will all feel even better after the second. So happy for you. Glad you got a photo :-) I think I will ask someone to take my picture after I my 2nd shot...betsey

Amy said...

I love this! So so happy you guys have your 1st one down!!