Friday, March 19, 2021

What Moms Do...


Look closely.  This mom has one child on her back, and one hanging in a harness on the front!  My story may be better than the photograph!  I was driving to the store this afternoon and approached this mom from the back.  I noticed her carrying a child on her back, and then as I passed her, saw the other child on the front!  I was amazed!  But then I realized that this is what moms do!  I kept driving for maybe 150 feet, and then stopped at a red light.  I noticed the woman was walking toward me on the sidewalk, so I quickly got out my camera while sitting at the red light.  I set the camera, focused it, pointed it toward the window and waited.  Would the mom get to me before the light changed?  I kept staring at the red light and at the rear view mirror holding my breath.  Then suddenly she was outside the car window!  Click click, I looked up, the light had changed to green, and I slowly drove away!  Whew!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom looks petite and is probably carrying 40 pounds of children. It amazes me the strength she has as the young boy probably got tired of walking. Lauren amazes me when she picks up the twins, which I do not have the strength to lift one.
Joan

Anonymous said...

You were so lucky to get this shot. Perfect timing!! I thought of Lauren when I saw this photo of a young petite woman carrying 2 children. Lauren always had both kids on each of her hips. I think childbirth gives women "super powers"!! betsey