Saturday, March 6, 2021

I Guess You Turn Left Here?


I have mentioned before that there was a construction project going on, on Shore Road for 4 or 5 months.  They were doing "horizontal boring" where they dig a hole in the street and then maybe 1200 feet away, dig another hole, and then angle a drill down into the first hole, and the drill goes down about 8 feet, and then straightens out and bores a horizontal hole until it gets to the second hole, 1600 feet away!  It is an astounding process, and I was fascinated to watch it for months on end.  I will do a blog post about it one day.  Well, now the project is done but the plastic orange barrels are still in the street, taking up one lane and there is a lighted arrow to let people know they have to move over.  I like that late in the day, the only thing that really shows is the arrow.  I just think it's a strange scene.




 

No comments: