Saturday, March 27, 2021

It's Coming Along Nicely...


Well, this looks much better than the first photograph I posted of this work.  Look how much we have done.  Kathy does all the wallpaper stripping, and then I come in and use joint compound and paper drywall joint tape to cover the large cracks in the plaster, and all the digs in the plaster from removing the wallpaper.  Looks like there are more patches in the wall, than the unpatched areas.  Oh, the mask?  That's because as part of the work I need to sand some of the plaster when it dries.  Better wear a mask for that!   But, this will be beautiful when it is painted!  Stay tuned.



 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Kathy amaze me with the work you are doing. I used to paint and wallpaper, but not anymore, and I don't stand on ladders either. Look forward to more updates.
Joan

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a lot more work than just painting a room. Yikes! Looking forward to seeing the progress. betsey

Paxbob said...

You'll be hearing from the IBOH (the International Brotherhood of Husbands) about this. Your painting and spackling makes it tough for those of us who have zero painting/spackling skills.