Saturday, December 5, 2020

Energies in the Land


This may seem like a strange photograph to you.  I found this along my walk at the condo.  It is very subtle in its color and in its contrast.  But the wetland grasses are bent in such a way that it seems like a wave.  I see subtle things like this in the landscape.  Because back in 1989 I went to the Maine Photographic Workshop and studied with a famous photographer who does some of the most subtle and beautiful black and white landscapes I have ever seen.  Studying with him for a week changed the way I see the landscape.  Let me tell you what he wrote in his first book of photographs: "I am more drawn to that land where certain energies are closer to the surface...  Such places correspond to emotional currents within me."

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the quote in photographer's book. Looking at the photo is hard to imagine because I am not there in person to feel it.
Joan