Wednesday, December 9, 2020

The Levitating Leaves


It wasn't that windy today, so I was so surprised when I saw all these leaves flying in the air just outside the back door.  Wow, they are really flying around!  I wonder why.  Well, actually I know exactly why.  I was actually outside with my monster leaf blower back pack.  When I went to buy the blower, I asked the guy, as a joke, if they had one where the wind coming of the blower is supersonic!  He said "You don't want fast, you want volume."  So I bought a really big one that moves a LOT of air.  Here is the unexpected bonus of this machine - I can just keep it on idle for most of the time, and yet it really blows leaves around!  And the other bonus is that the noise it makes is much lower in frequency than most blowers.  There is no high frequency whine that you hear from some of the blowers that the neighborhood lawn workers use.  So I was blowing leaves from around the house, and noticed that when I aimed the air at the leaves in the corner, they all flew up in the air like this.  So I went and grabbed a camera and then had to operate the blower and the camera, and I managed to get this!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun photo. I am happy to hear you bought a blower with a lower noise frequency. The lawn guys here run blowers 4 at a time and the noise is so loud for a long period of time. I want to tell them to stop and just rake the leaves rather than blowing them back at forth.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I dunno, taking pictures while driving..., operating the blower and the camera....
But great surreal photo!-- Stan

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Love the title of your blog. I can just see you juggling your blower and your camera :-) betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all. I am glad you are all amused at some more of my antics!