Sunday, December 27, 2020

Moonrise


This was my first view of the moon which I saw about 10 minutes into my walk.  It is the moon rising over Scudder's Pond, a place you are familiar with because of all the photographs I have taken of this pond.  What's nice about this time of month is, that the moon is nearly full so it rises about an hour or so before sunset.  So we get to see the moon in the sky, and yet the trees are illuminated by the setting sun.  That was yesterday.  To day the moon rose 50 minutes later, and so the sun would be so close to the horizon that the trees wouldn't be lit by the sun.  Glad I got this shot yesterday.  I love the blue of the pond on the bottom and the blue of the sky on top.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the bronze color of the trees contrasted with the blue of the water and sky. The moon is a plus :-) It was so bright last night! betsey

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I missed this photo but it captures the beauty of nature! The combination of the water, woods and moon makes for a perfect scene! Trace