Sunday, December 6, 2020

The Beauty of Gray


Before we took this trip to Rochester and stayed for a week - nearly a whole week of overcast skies - I had forgotten how in fall, the skies can be overcast for a long periods of time here. So when I went for my walk each day I had overcast skies to photograph.  The interesting thing about the overcast skies are the beautiful tones of gray that they display.  So the trick is to find some foreground that adds interest to the photograph, because the clouds alone are usually not enough.  It helps that there is this wetland at the condo that is reflecting the sky, and it was perfect for the composition.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very nice photo. What a beautiful place and sky. Looks very peaceful like a very quiet place. Trace

Anonymous said...

I really like the color of the grasses and the clouds reflected in the pond. betsey