Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Seagull Landing Zone


I went for my three mile walk today.  It was not that cold as long as I bundled up and wore a ski hat.  I happened to have my 400mm lens on the camera - the lens I used yesterday to photograph the dog walkers.  I happened to see some seagulls sitting on the utility pole and on the arm that holds the streetlight.  So I quickly pointed the camera in their direction as things were changing quickly.  Everyone was lined up and then that seagull with wings spread came in to land.  I guess he was of higher standing in the flock because one of the birds on the lamp took off so the flying bird could land.  Such is life in the bird world



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Capturing the seagull in flight just makes this photo for me. I really like the soft shades of the sky. betsey

Anonymous said...

The seagull in flight is beautiful and the one on top of the pole makes me smile. jodi