Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Mystery in the Woods


When I was in Rochester I tried to get out for a walk each day.  Mostly about 2 1/2 miles in a residential neighborhood.  In the middle of the walk, looking at a map, I walked to a dead end street just to walk as far as I could.  The street ended at a woods, with a path, so of course I had to go exploring.  As I entered the woods, I could see this triangular shape in the distance.  It was interesting just because it is unusual in the woods to see triangular shapes.  So I had some fun trying to find the best view of this structure.  It's not a mystery at all, as far as I am concerned - the title is false advertising!   When I was a kid, there was a woods and pond down the street, and my friend Larry and I were always thinking about building a fort in the woods, or building a boat to row out onto the pond.  Fortunately for us, we did neither!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your story and childhood wishes, but is there room to sit inside of this fort?
Joan

Anonymous said...

How much fun it would be to sit inside an outdoor fort!! Love your story. betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Yes, I am guessing that perhaps 4 or 5 people could sit inside this. There were a couple of logs or things like that inside the fort so that people didn't have to sit on the ground.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ken. It is so much bigger than I imagined.
Joan