Thursday, December 3, 2020

Upstate Farm


This appears to be a large modern farm in Ovid, NY.  We pass these grain silos every time we drive up to Rochester.  I don't think I have ever photographed them carefully before and I certainly didn't do that here, because we had been driving all day, it was getting dark and I was anxious to finish the trip.  At this point, we were about an hour and a half away from Rochester.  The interesting thing is that abandoned farmhouse that I have photographed for 20 years or so, is just down the street from here.  Mainly this is a photograph about the sky, but without the silos it would not be a very interesting photograph.  We love taking the smaller two-lane roads after we leave Binghamton, because we both love the landscapes along the route so much.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting photo. I agree, I enjoy getting off the highways and driving on "the roads less traveled". So scenic and relaxing.
Joan

Anonymous said...

This is definitely about the sky. Cool picture. betsey