Thursday, December 24, 2020

Merry Christmas to All!

This was the photograph that I used for my Christmas Cards this year.  I usually try and find one of the best photographs each year that have to deal with the natural world.  But I didn't go anywhere this year, of course, so this is a photograph that I took in 2018, when a group of us camped overnight in White Sands National Monument, an astounding place to visit.  I chose this for Christmas because of the stars in the sky.  It is the constellation Orion the hunter.  These stars have no relation to the stars at Christmas but I love the feel of them in the photograph.  These are some of the words inside the card...

“A sacred place is one where the earth’s history can be heard more clearly.  Go to these places and listen. Once you've heard her, she can reach you anywhere.  -- Frederick W. Lehmann


I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, and we have the New Year to look forward to, and the hope that things will soon change for the better.


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The stars and photo are beautiful. I always look forward to your wonderful photo cards and quotes. Treasure and save them. Merry Christmas to you and Kathy. I look forward to a healthy new year and being able to gather together again.
Love,
Joan

ken schwarz said...

Beautiful Christmas Card. Merry Christmas to the Spencer clan.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo! Love the stars. What a glimpse of the desert! I, too, look forward to the Christmas card and the lovely words that go with the photo! Merry Christmas to you and Aunt Kate. Trace

Anonymous said...

I always look forward to your unique Christmas card each year with a new photo. I have saved all of them. I was delighted to read the new saying. Merry Christmas to you and Kathy. Love, Betsey