Tuesday, December 8, 2020

How About THIS Tree!


I was driving through the center of Huntington yesterday evening and noticed one of the side streets in the center of town was blocked off.  I assumed construction, and then this scene flashed by as I drove past.  I was on my way to an observing session at the Vanderbilt.  It was not a normal observing session - we each parked our cars away from other cars, and set up our telescopes away from others.  It wasn't the normal session where we visit each other and chat.  We were all alone, but we were observing from the same place, together.  On the way home I found a place to park and grabbed my camera and this was what I saw.  It was spectacular, and charming and uplifting.  Notice the snowflakes painted on the street.  I cannot find any story about this that speaks to the height of this tree.  I am guessing fifty or sixty feet.  But what a wonderful thing to see - there were people, keeping their distance, really enjoying this display.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an uplifting photo with a bright Christmas tree, the painted snowflakes and decorations along the street. Makes me feel happy! betsey

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo showing the charm of the town and gorgeous tree. I love the snowflakes painted on the road. Very cheerful!
Joan

ken schwarz said...

When I see night street scenes like this, I often think of the painter Edward Hopper whose work I enjoy. Your Photo captures the mood of Christmas with the brightly lite tree and decorated store fronts. And with snowflakes on the street it must December in New York!

Ken Spencer said...

I am glad you all enjoyed this tree and this scene as much as I did!