Saturday, April 17, 2021

Escape to New York - III

 

So after leaving Penn station, I took the N train up to 5th Avenue and 59th street, so I can walk the 23 blocks north to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  When I got off my subway train, I looked across the tracks to the platform on the other side, and saw these bright red boots!  A picture!


This view looks up the west side of Fifth avenue heading north which is where I walk.  So nice to see so much green as the trees are leafing out.  I was wondering how I could find out what trees these are.  So I did a Google search, and get THIS!  There is a tree map online that identifies trees all over the city's five boroughs!  Wow!  How cool is that!  So the answer is, these are American elm trees.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed that there is a map identifying the trees throughout the boroughs!
Joan

Anonymous said...

An online map for the trees - incredible. I like the shape of the tree limbs in your photo - makes the shot more interesting. betsey

Ron said...

Oh, how I miss and love NYC! Thanks for the great photos.