Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Escape to New York - VI


So while Stan and I were wandering around the gallery where the Rothko paintings were on display,  I looked out a window in the gallery at three skyscrapers which disappeared into the clouds.  I was composing an image looking through the window when suddenly I saw a reflected silhouette of Stan, who was standing behind me!  I turned around and asked him not to move, and then I took this photograph.  An interesting collection of "things" in one photograph.

 

5 comments:

Ron said...

Ken, are you off to the left in the photo? I am wondering how you did this without capturing your reflection as well.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love this photo! At first, I thought it was an art display. Then I thought it was a photo of a person taking a picture with the nature as background. Then I read your post. There is so much going on this photo but it's very subtle because of the soft colors of the trees. Perfection!! betsey

Anonymous said...

What a great photo. The colors are so subtle and calming and yet there is so much to look at.
Joan

Anonymous said...

This is a very interesting photo with all the images in it. I like the way the colors fade into each other. Enjoying all the photos of your trip into the city. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Wow! I am so pleased that so many of you loved my photo! I thought that it might be only a photo that I would like. I am happy you all enjoyed it! Thanks. And Ron - you are the man! That is me, shooting a vertical photo with my right arm up in the air, which is how I hold the camera for a vertical shot! I had not noticed that!