Thursday, April 15, 2021

Escape to New York!

Today I escaped!  After more than a year, I finally have my Covid vaccinations, I waited the proscribed time, I masked up, and I headed to the Long Island Railroad station at Glen Head, and I took a train to the city!  I was the only person on the platform when the train came!  


It was kind of cool to see the train pull into the station!  There were about 6 people in the car I was in and we were all spread out.  I felt completely safe traveling on the train.  What was surprising were all the changes I saw along the route in the year's time since I rode the train last.  In Jamaica, there are half a dozen or more new buildings right near the tracks, and the effect is astounding - it is a completely new skyline there.  Tomorrow I will tell you more about my trip.

 

5 comments:

Ann Levin said...

Can't wait to read them!

Anonymous said...

So glad that you decided to go into the city. It's been a long time! I like your selfie - Interesting angle. Great that you had so few people on the train. I know you will enjoy your visit. Looking forward to the photos. betsey

Anonymous said...

So happy you able to visit the City after a year or more of staying in. I look forward to your stories of your visit. Who took your photo?
Joan

ken schwarz said...

Agatha Christie's Orient Express Redux!

Ken Spencer said...

I used the self-timer on the camera, and set the camera on the platform and bunched up the camera strap under the lens to point the camera up. So, actually, I took the picture!