Thursday, April 29, 2021

Escape to New York - XV


OK, this is absolutely the LAST of my posts titled "Escape to New York."  I thought I was done yesterday but looking back over my photographs I discovered this picture of a Tiffany stained glass window on display at the Met.  The piece is called "Autumn Landscape", and the design is attributed to Agnes Northrop for Tiffany Studios.  This window is described as a tour deforce of it's medium.  This window was commissioned for an enormous Gothic Mansion in Boston, but it was never installed and instead was donated to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  It is stunning to see in person, because it is huge - the window and its frame are eleven feet tall!  And it is beautiful beyond imagining!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This Tiffany window is stunning!! Must be absolutely incredible to see in person. The colors and details are spectacular. I'm glad it ended up in the Met for all of us to appreciate - thanks to your photograph. betsey

Anonymous said...

What a stunning piece of art! The scene and colors are magnificent. I would never have imagined that this was 11 feet tall. Thank you for sharing this photo and its history.
Joan