Friday, April 2, 2021

My Second Shot!


I am fully vaccinated!  Yeaaaaa!  It seems as if it has taken forever and the process was very frustrating.  Kathy gets her second shot on Easter Sunday!  So I mentioned before that both of my appointments were in Mattituck, which is an hour and a half away.  So today was funny.  I am a maniac about not missing my second appointment.  So we left Sea Cliff at 9:00 AM sharp, for a 12:15 PM appointment.  Three hours and fifteen minutes for an hour and a half trip?  Well, sure.  I allowed some extra time for possible traffic on the Long Island Expressway, or for a flat tire, or for a bridge collapse, or a snowstorm or the car exploding.  You can never be too careful...  The great news was that we got there in record time - two hours early!  So I thought I would go into the CVS and tell them I had driven a long distance and was two hours early, and could I possibly get my shot early.  They were wonderful and got me right in - I didn't have to wait at all.  They are such nice people in Mattituck!  And I am thrilled that I now have my Covid vaccinations done!

 

4 comments:

Ron said...

So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

"Bridge collapse, car exploding" have never been in my mindset for things that could happen on a trip in the car! I'm still laughing! I am sure that you feel a sense of relief now that you've gotten your second vaccine. Glad that Kathy will be getting hers. betsey

Anonymous said...

Happy that you got your second vaccine and Kathy will be getting hers. I had to laugh, as Dad always allowed extra time for traffic and flat tires and taught us well so we would be on time. Most driving was on Route 1 so we did not have to cross any bridges like the Q Bridge in New Haven that might collapse. It was nice of CVS to squeeze you in ahead of schedule.
Joan

Anonymous said...

It's nice CVS worked with you when you arrived for the shot. I am surprised, though, that you had to travel so far for the shot! Glad you and Aunt Kate were able to travel the distance and will both be vaccinated as of tomorrow! Trace