Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Purple Haze


Purple Haze indeed, with apologies to Jimi Hendrix!  When you see our Japanese maple from a distance the last two days, it seems to be enveloped in a purple haze.  It is actually the buds starting to open.  So I grabbed the Nikon with the 60mm Micro-Nikkor closeup lens on it, which will do photographs of things so close that they are twice the size in the photo, than they are actually.  So I spent some time and took three different photographs and couldn't make up my mind which I liked best.  So here are three photographs, for the price of one!   Which one is your favorite?



 

5 comments:

Ron said...

#3. I can almost visualize the leaves as they continue to bloom. I grew up with one of these trees but never took the time to actually notice it the way that you do. Thanks for sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

I like the middle one with the dark background. I don't think I have seen photos of your favorite tree just budding before. Lovely.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

Top shot gets my vote for it's pale green and soft reds against the blue background!

Anonymous said...

Like all three but the top shot is my pick. It's the light on the green, the gentle slope of the buds and the curve of the leaf. betsey

Anonymous said...

I agree with big brother and Betsey.....the top shot got my attention....and is my favorite of the three.