Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Escape to New York - XIII

 

It had been over a year since I had been to Manhattan, and I was absolutely stunned to discover that there is a brand new entrance down to the Long Island Railroad at Penn Station!  Whoa!  Who even knew they were going to build that?  I did show you a photograph near the beginning of this series from inside Penn Station.  So now you know what the outside looks like.  A very cool, modern stairway.  It is a direct way to get to the track level where the trains leave and arrive from.  Before this new stairway, you had to take an escalator or stairs down one level, turn a corner, and then take another escalator or stairs down to the track level.  A huge improvement!


And just as a reminder, here is a different view from the LIRR level, looking up the escalator toward the glass entrance way, above.  This is all very cool!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Impressive, but I see lots of $$$$$$$$$
Joan

Anonymous said...

The new entrance sure does catch your eye. Is it slightly tilted or is that just the angle? I love the shot looking up at the ceiling - impressive! It's wonderful getting to see all the new sights since it's been over a year. betsey

Ken Spencer said...

I think it looks tilted because it angles up from the ground, but I am not right on the centerline of the opening, so it does look tilted because of where I am standing. It DOES look funny in the photographs! Nice catch.