Thursday, April 22, 2021

Escape to New York - VIII


So how's this for something that makes your eyes hurt!  It is Sol Lewitt's Wall Drawing #370.  I have seen a lot of his work before - he has four floors in a building, just for his work, at Mass MoCA.  I searched and apparently I never did a blog post about his work, which seems strange.  I did a previous post about this project, back in 2014, showing the artists at work masking and painting this wall drawing.  Using the little white search box in the upper left hand corner of the blog, do a search for "Sol Lewitt."  I love this photograph because without the woman, it wouldn't amount to much, but her presence makes the photograph.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for bringing us back to 2014 and the painting in the works, but I would not have been able to look at this long enough to take a photo. It hurts my eyes too much. I love that the woman in black is offsetting the stripes.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you put in the reminder about the "lookup" because I don't recall these two photos showing the workers creating the black & white painting. It really is amazing! Although, I cannot look at it too long. betsey