Saturday, April 3, 2021

The Other Daffodil Photograph


When I decided to photograph the Daffodil indoors the other day, I tried a number of things.  I started by putting it into this bud vase that I bought somewhere years ago.  I was using the soft natural light in the back room for this photograph.  I particularly liked the almost ghostly feeling of the flower which is so softly lit, against the pale gray background.  I did some closeups of the just the bloom and the background but the photograph was not complex enough.  But this image is my favorite.  Until Kathy saw me working on it, and said "Where is the closeup of the flower from the side, against the black background.  It is so much more dramatic."  Wow.  She was right, of course, so that's the version I posted the other day.  So now you see my more subtle photograph.  Maybe it is too subtle.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the first was very dramatic, but this is all about the beautiful bud vase in my eyes. Daffodils are happy flowers.
Joan

Anonymous said...

The bright yellow grabbed my attention but it's really the handmade vase with it's beautiful blue coloring that is interesting. Happy
Easter!! betsey