Monday, March 27, 2023

Back to the Floors


So you have seen photographs of the floors in the dining room and in the front hall which have been sanded and varnished, and which look beautiful.  Here is a reminder of how the front hall looks now that it is done: Front Hall.  So I have had a good rest, and now it is time to finish the living room!  The floors were in much better shape, for a one hundred year-old house, than we remembered.  So any sanding is done by hand, for the most part, because they only need a gentle touch before varnishing. Stay tuned!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire your determination, but my body tells me I can no longer be on my hands and knees. Your front hall looks so beautiful. I look forward to the finished photos.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Your front hall floors look gorgeous. I commend you for getting on your knees to do the sanding. It’s hard work! I just realized that the living room rug is gone. That is very difficult work removing rugs. Yikes! Looking forward to the finished project. Betsey