Thursday, March 2, 2023

The Magnificent Japanese Maple, Again...


I already mentioned taking the garbage can down to the curb when it was snowing the other night.  In addition to the long photograph of the driveway and car and house, I took the time to do this one.  From the exact spot where I always photograph it from.  The tree is pink because the scene is illuminated by the mercury vapor street light and those gas filled lights give off pink light.  I just had to photograph the tree again because it was coated with a frosting of snow, and it was too pretty to ignore, don't you think?

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such contrast with the strong dark tree limbs and feathery light branches covered in snow frost. Gorgeous photo.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Wintery and very pretty photo. I like the stone wall in the background too. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you both for seeing all the beautiful things in this photograph AND for not being tired of yet another photograph of this tree. But it is such a beautiful tree I can't help myself every time I see it in a new light or in new weather!

Anonymous said...

Never fails to delight especially with the pale peach glow and the white feathery branches. betsey