Monday, March 13, 2023

The Airplane Factory


I already posted a couple of photographs of two abandoned buildings that I think had to do with aircraft manufacturing, but maybe only parts of airplanes, at Republic Airport.  I haven't been able to ascertain what was built in any of these buildings, but I think airplanes were built in this building.  So I have a photo inside this building.  But while I was photographing the "big" photographs, I was also looking for "detail" photographs.  So I did this photograph of the end of a really long building.  I love all the glass with different colors because of the reflections of the sky, and the missing glass and then all the vines all over the windows.  I love all the textures in this photograph.  Please click on this to see it in more detail.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting photo with all of the textures, colors and vines. I am surprised that this building is still standing or not cordoned off for safety.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Well, the truth is that the whole property is surrounded by a chain-link fence and has been for years. It was just recently when I drove by that I saw that a 30 foot section of the fence was knocked down flat, so in I went! Your brother! What is wrong with him? Nothing, he is just really curious... :-) I am so glad that you love the colors, textures and the vines. That is such an interesting photograph because of all those textures together.