Saturday, March 11, 2023

Can't Make Up My Mind - Again!


I realized this afternoon that I needed to come up with a blog shot that is different.  I was thinking of taking a walk, but then I thought I probably wouldn't get anything new, especially because it is an overcast day and there wouldn't be any great light to make things look interesting.  So I took a walk around the side yard to see if I could find something that might make a photograph.  I found these decorative grasses and thought there was something possible here.  So I liked how this looked in the viewfinder and made this shot.


When it came time to work on the photograph, I thought that it was pretty bleak looking.  The day was overcast and so the light was not "warm" at all.  So after working on the first photograph, I decided to add yellow to the photograph because I know that a warm straw color is what these grasses look like in sunlight.  So now that I have two choices, I can't decide.  I mean, I love the warm one, but on the other hand, on a cold, overcast day, the bluish version is more true to what I saw when I took the photograph.



 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My eyes like the yellow straw version of sunlight streaming down on the plant and me. Yesterday was so damp and dreary, I needed some light. :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

I prefer the "warm" one, also. There is more life to it...betsey

Anonymous said...

#1 for its sharp delineation of the grass stalks and more dramatic feel / ginger