Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Fire In The Sky


I arrived at the Vanderbilt Museum and Planetarium early tonight, because I was coming from the airport, not from home.  And we just started Daylight Savings Time, so the sky was still light.  I saw the bright band of red and orange and thought to myself, "It looks like the sky is on fire!"  My trusty "toy" camera was at my side, and the color was fading fast as I walked toward the magnificent light in the parking lot.  Elegant because this is, after all, the Vanderbilt Mansion.  I think that within 5 minutes the colors had faded enough so that I just stopped shooting.  Now that I look at this photograph, I can't decide whether this photograph is about the lights on the lamp post, or the colors in the sky. 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Red sky at night, Sailors delight, but the lamp post is what first caught my sight and stands out so bright!
Joan

Anonymous said...

The lamp post lights grabbed my attention; however, it is the red colors in the sky that really makes the shot! betsey

Anonymous said...

Love the sunset. The lights catch my attention too but what a beautiful sunset! Trace