Monday, March 20, 2023

One Last Building



I hope you will be patient with my obsession with these buildings.  This is the last one I promise!  It is a small building made of cement block away from the others.  Unlike the others which have flat roofs, this is an older style building with a curved roof,  as you can see from the curved trusses in the photograph above, or from the curved roof line of concrete block seen in the photograph below.  There are no large doors, so whatever went on in this building, I don't think it had anything to do with aircraft assembly.  I think the thing I found the most fascinating when I was photographing the interior of the building, with the collapsed roof in plain sight, was the construction of the curved trusses.  They are such interesting things, the way parts are bolted together.  They don't hardly make them like that any more!  So I am finally done with this story, although I will tell you what I can find out after visiting the American Airpower museum, and if that doesn't work, I will go to the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City and ask someone there. Be sure and click on each photograph to see more detail.


 

No comments: