Tuesday, March 21, 2023

The Potted Plant


The Potted Plant.  Another bush that was once beautiful and had tiny flowers on each branch.  But then the flowers would fall off and then it was just green.  Until it wasn't.  It didn't get watered properly, unfortunately, during last summer.  And at the end of the season it was deader than a doornail, as my mom used to say!   Anyhow in desperation I photographed this because I love the single color pallet of brown, basically.  Oh well, it's March and everything is still brown!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deader than a doornail made me laugh this morning! We have had a mild winter, maybe there is still a little life in the roots of this plant. I had some small annual plants under the tree which I did not pull out in the Fall. They are still green and I am hoping I will get another season from them.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

I was drawn to he shapes and rather than the colors. I like the round pot set on rectangular bricks that are laid out in a diagonal pattern! My brain must be miss wired!

Linda said...

I like the color pallet too. I have bushes in front of my house that seem to have some dead sections, sad to say. Some tough winters here and last summer was brutal. I don't think they'll bounce back. sigh

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for your comments. Primo, no you nailed the one other thing I forgot to mention because I was so caught up with the color, and you got the shapes thing just right - a round thing on rectangular things! No your brain is not mis-wired, at least when it comes to photographs!