Monday, October 11, 2021

All About Garden Rakes


I was talking to a friend of mine about all the work I was doing on the lawn for the past few weeks, planting grass.  I was explaining how I used my gas cultivator to churn up the soil and then rake it and plant new grass seed.  I sent them some photos to show what I was doing (I will be showing all of you in tomorrow's post...)  They responded that in the photo you could see two rakes in the grass, and they were surprised that I needed more than one rake.  So I decided to put the two rakes up against the garage doors and take a photo of them.  When I was done, I thought that it was an interesting photograph by itself.  I love the design of the photo.  I think it is interesting beyond just the visual information about both implements.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this photo and like that your leaf rake is centered on the crossing "X" of the wood on the door and the garden rake is balanced. They stand out on the nice white door. I do like symmetry! :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

Makes me think of "old time" farming; especially with the old iron hooks on your garage door. Of course, you must have a garden rake to dig and a leaf rake to spread. i like tools of all kinds! betsey

ken schwarz said...

Today's photo of yard tools resting upside down against an old garage door has a peaceful look and feel of life during simpler times. But.... a residential grass lawn is surely an invention from the devil to challenge one's patience and pocketbook. I presume your friends who questioned the use of two different rakes for lawn work must be city dwellers who have never experienced the agony of lawn defeat!

Ken Spencer said...

Great comments from everyone, thank you. And I will use Ken's quote: "A residential grass lawn is surely an invention from the devil..." for my upcoming blog on trying to fix part of the lawn... :-)