Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Moonrise, Yet Again


On September 20 I drove over to Port Washington, across the harbor from Sea Cliff and tried to do a shot of the moon rising over the line of Sycamore trees along Shore Road in Sea Cliff.  You can go back and look, but the shot was not very pretty because the moon rose over a parking lot at the beach!  So tonight I repeated the trip, knowing the moon would rise over the line of trees!  Only thing was, the sun set as the moon rose, and there was no light on the trees.  This is my shot with the infrared modified camera and it is kind of interesting, but not exactly what I wanted.  At least you can see the trees of you click on the image. So this shot is better, but not yet exactly what I want.  I will show you the color version tomorrow.  Stay tuned.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks very cool as the moon is the total focus over the dark trees. betsey

ken schwarz said...

At first glance and without your commentary, I would not have thought today's blog photo was taken with your infrared camera. The full moon just above the trees is very cool and the trees appear to have a source of light from the foreground somewhere. I'm looking forward to your Technicolor version for comparison.

Anonymous said...

Great photo of the moon. Trace