Friday, October 22, 2021

Big Tree, Little Tree

                                

Here is a photo from Caumsett that I hadn't had a chance to post because there was this moonrise that I needed to photograph and post.  I love the shape of this old tree.  I have no idea what kind of tree it is - I should have grabbed a leaf to find out.  And I don't know what kind of tree the smaller one either.  But I love the contrast in size between the two trees, and that could be the subject of lots of stories and poems, but not here.  I just do the photographs!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the title and photo of a massive tree and contrast, but with your love for various poets, I would have expected you to create a longer poem! :-) LOL
Joan

Anonymous said...

I love the contrast between the massive tree and the little sapling. I found a short poem by Joanne Raptis. "Be like a tree. Stay grounded. Connect with your roots. Turn over a new leaf. Bend before you break. Enjoy your unique natural beauty. Keep Growing." betsey

Ken Spencer said...

What a great poem! Perfect! WOW, WOW, WOW... So perfect for this photograph! Thank you for finding this!

Anonymous said...

Love the poem Betsey. Thank you for sharing.
Joan

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful contrast. Thank you Betsey for the perfect poem. Karen