Sunday, October 10, 2021

The Creeping Vines


I have photographed this scene a number of times, trying to get the photograph that best feels like what I see, and what I am trying to express.  The scene is our neighbor's fence and a tree that is completely overgrown in vines that are coming over the top of the tree.  It looks like an invasion - a wave of vines that are taking over the world.  I have photographed in in color, in black & white, and in infrared.  I think this black & white version feels closest to the power of nature taking over the land.



 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see two huge elephants approaching. Be cautious!
Joan

Anonymous said...

I see the elephants too! Trace

Ken Spencer said...

WOW! I see the elephants too! Nice going!

Anonymous said...

Definitely elephants :-) betsey