Saturday, October 2, 2021

Andromeda by Another Photographer


So I have never done this before.  I am posting a photograph of the Andromeda Galaxy taken by a really first rate astrophotographer from Israel named David (Deddy) Dayag. He took this photograph from the Israeli desert (the Negev) with some really impressive photographic equipment.  It is an absolutely magnificent image!  It takes a tremendous amount of knowledge and skill in order to produce such a beautiful image.  I wanted everyone to see what an astounding and beautiful thing Andromeda is, overhead in our night skies.  I also wanted you to see how lame my first image of Andromeda is.  I have never met this photographer, but I found his photograph on Wikipedia. 
I think this is the correct Creative Commons link required: (David (Deddy) Dayag, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing photo. Is this close up because of his equipment or his location in Israel?
Joan

Anonymous said...

It is amazing! It makes for a colorful and pretty photo too. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

I neglected to mention that if you were to look at the Andromeda Galaxy in a telescope it WOULD NOT look like this in brilliant color - it would be in black and white. The brilliant colors are the result of really long exposures with a camera on the telescope. My image the other night was done with a 200mm lens on my camera. The 11" aperture telescope that this photographer used had a focal length of 560mm so that's why the galaxy is so much larger. So the answer is that it is the equipment that makes the difference.

Anonymous said...

This image is stunning. Only seen this from pictures taken from the Hubble Space Telescope. Extraordinary! Can't even imagine what his equipment cost to be able to get this kind of photo...betsey