Sunday, October 3, 2021

Ten Thousand Miles!


So two days ago my cycling odometer, shown on the left, read 9,991 miles.  I ride 10 miles a day, which meant that riding today moved the odometer to more than 10,000 miles!  Wow, that's a lot of miles! These miles were all ridden on my bright red Specialized bike that I bought myself as a retirement gift.  So before you think I am some hotshot cyclist, know that it took me 13 years to do this.  So, no, I am not a "cycling god!"  But in my defense, in the wintertime I ride a Trek bike and those miles are recorded on a different cyclometer.  The bright background colors are two of my cycling jerseys, by the way.  Wow - I just checked the cyclometer on the Trek, which I bought in 2005 when I started cycling again, and I am stunned - the distance on that bike is 9,987 miles!  Wow!  So we are looking at just shy of 20,000 miles since 2005.  Maybe I AM a cycling god...   :-)

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. 20,000 miles is very impressive. Maybe you are a cycling god! :-) I would be more comfortable on an indoor bike as I am old and worry about traffic on the roads and my balance. My record is zero.
Joan

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! But I am impressed with your 20,000 miles of cycling. It's really because you actually get out there and do it!! Love the colorful jerseys. betsey

ken schwarz said...

20,000 cycling miles is indeed very impressive and very beneficial for both body and soul. Your exercise regime got me to wondering how I am doing with my 2 mile walk six days a week for the past fourteen years of my retirement. I know I don't walk too much when away from home, so I figure: 48 weeks x 6 days x 2 miles x 14 years = 8,064 miles!
You win!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment! Biking is a wonderful sport and hobby, a great way to see the world. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for your comments! I am glad you are impressed that I have a slight bit of discipline... Primo: 2 miles a day, 6 days a week is impressive! It is to me MORE impressive than my 10,000 miles on my bike, for two reasons. Six days a week, and remember, on a bike you can coast a bit... :-)