Thursday, November 19, 2020

Industrial Architectural at Sunset


At 44 degrees it seemed a bit too cool to do a bike ride this afternoon, so I decided to do my walk down to the old power plant, which is now demolished.  The walk is 2.7 miles and I do that in an hour, plus stopping times to take photographs.  This is part of the power system down there that is still running.  It is a gas turbine "peaking plant" and it starts up later in the day when electric usage goes up, both in summer and winter.  Today, with the setting sun on the wall and the stacks from the turbine, and seen against the leaden sky, I thought it was quite beautiful, in its way.

 

2 comments:

Ron said...

I love the photo! It reminds of Pink Floyd’s cover from their ‘Animals’ album.

Anonymous said...

I see a definite contrast from yesterdays photo of the moon and stars, maybe just the feeling I get when I look at it. I like the grayish blue sky and the evergreen against the wall.
Trace