Friday, November 27, 2020

The Flight of the Geese


I have always found that seeing the flight of Geese in the sky in the Fall evokes powerful feelings in me.  I am not sure what it is exactly, but it is something deep inside me that responds to their flight.  Is it that they are leaving us?  Is it that Winter is coming?  It has something doing with the fact that the Geese are programmed by their DNA that come the right time, they are called by their nature to make the trip to warmer climates.  Whatever it is, it is beautiful to watch, and if they are low enough, and if we can hear their "honks" as they fly, it makes their passage an even more powerful experience.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never knew that you enjoyed seeing their flight. I always look up in the sky when the geese are departing, honking along the way in their triangular patterns. Seems to last about 2 weeks when you hear most of them flying. betsey