Saturday, November 28, 2020

The Rising of the Moon


I was pleased and amazed this morning to awake to a brilliant blue sky!  I just figured it would stay overcast for the rest of our trip.  So I went out for my 2 mile walk at 2:30, and then thought to look at the Moon application on my iPhone and realized that the moon was going to rise at about 4:30 today.  So when my walk was over, I went to the car and got my tripod and telephoto lens, and then found a good spot to watch the moon rise.  This is the result.  I also brought along my binoculars, because it is always wonderful to watch the moon with my own eyes.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning photo. I love captured between the trees.
Joan

Anonymous said...

You really got a great photo. Beautiful between the trees. I saw the moon in the early evening - so bright that I thought it was a full moon. betsey

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo of the moon, trees and sky! I love the lighting and colors and the way the branches look delicate and vivid in the moonlight. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for the nice comments. I was trying to think of places to "put" the moon that would make the best photograph. I can "move" the moon around by walking left and right and forward and back to place it where I want. Glad you liked my choice!