Friday, November 20, 2020

The Crescent Moon


I went out to photograph the crescent moon tonight all by itself.  The moon was one of the three objects in my photograph that included two planets that I posted the other day.  So tonight I celebrate just the moon.  Our moon.  It is such a wonderful thing to look at, either with our naked eyes, or binoculars or a telescope.  I think my favorite way to view the moon is with high power, through a telescope.  You would not believe  how battered the surface of the moon is.  It is battered because the surface was smashed by all the small rocks, and some not so small ones, that were left over after the formation of the solar system.  It is astounding thing to see.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i enjoy your close-ups of the moon. So many little round spots. Amazing! betsey