Wednesday, November 18, 2020

The Moon, Jupiter and Saturn


There was a conjunction in the sky this evening, involving the crescent Moon, Jupiter, and Saturn (going from lower right in the photograph to upper left.)  Saturn is the faintest dot.  I went down to the beach at 5:15 and photographed for about half an hour.  It is such a spectacular thing to see - I hope some of you got to witness this in person.  There is something about something this beautiful that says to me "This is how the universe works."  What makes this photograph interesting are the Sycamore trees all along shore road that have such distinctive shapes.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shot. I wish I had known prior so I could have walked to the beach to check out the sky. The trees really set off the planets.
Joan

Anonymous said...

This is an absolutely beautiful photo! The stars and moon are awesome! The trees add to the photo as well. Trace

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo capturing the Moon, Jupiter and Saturn. Amazing! betsey